Cameras are a critical element in Automated Driving (AD) and Advanced Driving Assistance Systems (ADAS) because they provide the advanced sensing capabilities required for vehicle perception, control, and path planning.
Automotive system integrators and OEM car makers are obliged to prototype new technologies, carry out on-board testing, customize and quickly integrate them with different sensors and do feasibility studies and proofs of concept. This must be done in a very short time so as not to lose business opportunities and to reduce the time to market.
EVS has collaborated at length with Xilinx Inc., Xylon d.o.o. and other Xilinx partners to build up a multi-camera embedded vision platform for the quick development of ADAS solutions based on the Xilinx Zynq SoC.
This platform, called logiADAK is a complete out-of-the-box development platform that includes application-specific software and a customizable reference design which can be used for rapid test vehicle installation and demonstration. Over the years, it has evolved to adapt to new Xilinx devices, new development boards and additional support functions.
LogiADAK means that numerous automotive companies worldwide can experiment with DA functions on Xilinx SoC leveraging on a platform offering a multitude of ready-to-use features that are easy to customize and integrate on board the vehicle.
- Xilinx is a world leader in programmable logic devices. Xilinx is now part of AMD. EVS has been member of the Xilinx Alliance Program since 2009.
- Xylon is a leading provider of proven FPGA application solutions and cutting-edge IP cores optimized for Xilinx® FPGAs in embedded graphics, video, image processing and networking.
Fully Integrated ADAS: Cost-effective, scalable, multi-camera, multi-function, driver assistance platform
- Multiple integrated DA features in a single platform:
- 3D 360o Surround View
- Pedestrian Detection
- Vehicle Detection
- Lane Departure Warning
- Blind Spot Detection
- Rear View Camera
- Flexible on-chip partitioning for multiple parallel video processing pipelines to support several ADAS features simultaneously
- Licensable IP Cores and expansion room for your ADAS algorithms
EVS contribution to the Automotive Driving Assistance Development Kit
In the ADAK framework, EVS has developed and integrated several vision-based driving assistance functionalities that are hardware-accelerated due to proprietary IP cores that use image processing, computer vision and machine learning tasks. See the table below.
logiHOG IP core
logiVDET IP core
logiLMD IP core
Fundamental building block for pedestrian and motorbike detection (see also Detecto IP core (LINK)
Fundamental building block for vehicle detection to support Adaptive Cruise Control and Forward Collision Warning
Fundamental building block for a rear-looking Lane Departure Warning system
· Advanced HOG/SVM based algorithm
· Trained on a wide range of roadway scenarios using STK software (LINK)
· Classifier based on Local Binary Pattern and cascaded classifiers
· Car and truck detection
· Range Estimation (5 to 100m)
· The core works in the top view space
· Lane marking detection based on image processing and fitting of geometric primitives